Our Vision: To be a center of excellence for people development.
Membership No.: 3
Chief Executive Officer of Mahara Consulting
Maryam started her career at Gulf Industrial College (now the University of Bahrain) after graduating from the Faculty of Business Administration in 1975. She remained at the College for 8 years working in its various departments in the administration and also continues her studies.
In 1981 I joined Cable & Wireless (now Batelco) and stayed there for 23 years. At Batelco she worked in various departments including training, human resources, talent management, compensation, benefits and organizational development. His last position at Batelco was the position of Director General of Human Resources and Administrative Affairs.
In 2002 she began to work as an independent management consultant and then established a private company under the name of Skill for Consultancy specializing in organizational development.
I worked as a Human Resources Advisor with Zain Group from 2003 to 2010. Zain was then operating in 24 countries in the Middle East and Africa. I worked in Amsterdam, Kuwait, Lebanon, Jordan, Iraq, Sudan, Bahrain and worked with some of Zain's other remote companies.
She was chosen by the Supreme Council for Women to run the Political Empowerment Project for Bahraini Women in 2004 and 2005. It was part of the reform program led by His Majesty King Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa. This program was unique not only to women in Bahrain but also to the world that we are on the road to democracy, equal rights and equal opportunity.
Of its achievements
• Director-General in the private sector in 1995
• Founding member and president of Bahrain Training and Development Association
• Became a member of a number of prominent associations in Bahrain and abroad
• Bahrain represented the International Telecommunication Union (ITU) and the League of Arab States (LAS), and spoke at international conferences on human resources development and administrative and institutional development
• Former member of the Supreme Council of Training and Board of Trustees of Bahrain Polytechnic until April 2015
• Member of the Board of Directors of Al Naseem International School